Aquatic Center Capacity = 404
Adult Supervision of Children Ages 11 & Under
All children 11 years of age or younger must be accompanies to the Sapulpa Aquatics Center by a parent or guardian who is at least 16 years of age or older. The parent/guardian must be in the water directly and actively supervising their youngster(s). Children 11 and under who are left unattended in the Aquatic Center may be asked to leave the water/swimming area until a parent/guardian is contacted/located.
Children Ages 7 & Under -OR- Under 48" Tall
Children under the age of 7 OR under 48" tall will be required to wear a lifejacket and cannot be in the deep end without. Children who can swim one length of the pool as a swimming proficiency test will not be required to wear a lifejacket and will be given a wristband so that lifeguards can identify those children who have proven their ability to swim.
The Aquatic Center has US Coast Guard (USCG) approved lifejackets available free-of-charge to children on a first-come, first-served basis while supplies last. Guests can bring their own USCG-approved lifejackets.
Patrons must be above 48" tall to utilize the flume slides per manufacture regulations, independent from child's ability to pass swimming proficiency test.
At the first sign of thunder and/or lightning, Aquatic Center staff immediately evacuate and close the pool. The pool remains closed until a minimum of 30 minutes from the last sighting of lightning or sound of thunder.
The City of Sapulpa Aquatic Center makes every effort to keep the Aquatic Center open for the duration of the day after a storm clears. Rain checks and/or cash refunds are not issued due to inclement weather.
General Pool Rules
- Patrons shall not engage in any unnecessary conversations with lifeguards while the lifeguard is on duty.
- One person at a time on ladders and slides.
- Swimsuits must be lined. Cut-off shorts, athletic shorts, biking tights, leotards, and thongs are prohibited.
- Lounge chairs must stay away from water's edge
- Swim diapers required for non-toilet-trained individuals
- All swimmers must shower with soap and rinse thoroughly prior to entering pool
- Food and drinks must remain away from water's edge
- Per ADA Title II and III, service dogs individually trained to do work or perform tasks for a person with a disability are always welcome at the Aquatic Center but are not allowed in the pool.
Prohibited at Sapulpa Aquatic Center
- Cut-off shorts, athletic shorts, biking tights, leotards, and thongs
- Boisterousness, profanity, or showing disrespect to staff or other swimmers
- Pushing, dunking, horseplay, and rough play
- Hanging or climbing on ladders, slides, railings, gutters, or lane markers
- Casts, open wounds, rashes, infectious diseases
- Outside food and drinks
- Pets, including comfort, emotional-support, or therapy animals, and companion/assistance pets.